Saturday 5 June 2010

I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE!

Two recent events really stumped me that there are still such uncouth people around the block.

A month ago,a 4-W drive parked beside my brand new car & two doors open simultaneously by the driver & the passenger. Bang! I quickly went back to look at my side of door & sure enough, there was a deep dent & paint peeling off. Told the she passenger beside the driver why she was so careless. She replied," Accident ma! i didn't purposely bang want! What to do ar!"
No apology, no nothing. And the driver husband just nonchalantly walked away as if nothing happened too!
I walked to the outside of the 4-W drive & the other car, a Mercedes Benz, had its rear view mirrow dented too! And the owner is nowhere in sight.



Then last evening, I heard a crash sound outside the house & rushing out saw a fat Form 2 boy bicycling away with her mother beside her scurrying away. And one of my flower pots outside the gate has been broken!
Told my missus & pointed to the boy still outside his house, about 6-neighbour houses away,"That fat boy did it".
The mother replied," Accident ma! he didn't purposely bang want! What to do ar!"

Deja vu. I rest my case. Period.

IN these two cases above, any sane person would have apologised & offer to compensate eventhough it would not be accepted & just forgiven because of the small amount involved.It would be left at that. It would be civil enough then. Don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment